Attention: Reminder re Deadline for CADORA Inc. Awards Program
Would you mind reminding your members to submit their scores from their gold shows to me before December 1st. There is a form on the CADORA Inc. website that needs to be filled in by the rider and copies of the tests attached to the form. There is a separate form for juniors.
3498 Maureen Terrace
Victoria, BC V9C 3P7
MICA HOLIDAY PARTY!!!
To all MICA Members
The 2016 MICA Christmas Party has been arranged for Monday, December 12th at 6:30pm at the Firehouse Grill in Nanaimo. Please note that this is a different date than discussed at the AGM.
Everyone will be ordering off the menu but the club will provide pre-ordered appetizers for the tables and will also cover your first beer or wine. The Firehouse Grill is located at 7 Victoria Road in downtown Nanaimo and Laura Hall has booked their upstairs room for our party.
In order to get an idea of how many people are attending the dinner would you please send a quick email to Laura Hall at: firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you will be coming and remember that spouses/partners are also welcome at the party.
Please ensure that any 2016 year trophies are returned to Pam Williams (contact email@example.com or by phone 250-722-4791) and any nominations for the 2016/17 year awards are also sent to Pam by no later than November 25th.
The 2016/17 year special trophy awards are: Senior Rider, Junior Rider, Novice Rider, Volunteer Member Award and the Gail Pellizzari Trophy. If you are unsure of the criteria for any of these awards please contact Pam.
Any questions regarding the party or the awards please contact Pam or Laura Hall. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 12th!
What is CADORA?
CADORA stands for the Canadian Dressage Owners and Riders Association. CADORA is separated into "chapters", one of which is the Mid-Island CADORA (also called MICA). CADORA is a non-profit organization dependent on our members and donations to run the club and to organize and host events.
The objectives set forth in the CADORA Inc. Charter are:
- To foster and encourage interest and participation in dressage riding as a sport through ongoing rider qualification workshops, awards programs and competitions
- To ensure progressions that will advance rider/horse teams to competitive International levels
- To provide competitions, matches, demonstrations involving dressage riding accessible to all regions of the country
- To promote throughout Canada development of the sport consistent with the principles of Dressage as formulated by the International governing body of the Equestrian Olympic Disciplines, the FEI
- To raise funds by way of donations, dues, bursaries for educational purposes and otherwise to further the objectives of the corporation
CADORA is an official affiliated member of Equine Canada
MICA is always encouraging new members to join, so please come to a monthly meeting or e-mail the club to find out more information.
*Above image drawn by the Terri Miller
(wife of Axel Steiner, our 2013 Gold Show judge!)
for our 2013 Sponsor Thank-You cards!