CADORA stands for the Canadian Dressage Owners and Riders Association. CADORA is separated into "chapters", one of which is the Mid-Island CADORA (also called MICA). CADORA is a non-profit organization dependent on our members and donations to run the club and to organize and host events.
The objectives set forth in the CADORA Inc. Charter are:
- To foster and encourage interest and participation in dressage riding as a sport through ongoing rider qualification workshops, awards programs and competitions
- To ensure progressions that will advance rider/horse teams to competitive International levels
- To provide competitions, matches, demonstrations involving dressage riding accessible to all regions of the country
- To promote throughout Canada development of the sport consistent with the principles of Dressage as formulated by the International governing body of the Equestrian Olympic Disciplines, the FEI
- To raise funds by way of donations, dues, bursaries for educational purposes and otherwise to further the objectives of the corporation
CADORA is an official affiliated member of Equestrian Canada
MICA is always encouraging new members to join, so please come to a monthly meeting or e-mail the club to find out more information.